This serious game is based upon the famous DevOps book ‘The Phoenix Project’ of Gene Kim.
Business are demanding ever shorter release cycles for new applications. Traditionally ‘Operations’ is seen as a barrier with lengthy bureaucratic controls and delays in provisioning production systems. DevOps is a growing movement for shortening development and deployment and integrating Development and Operations. However this requires a mindset shift, new behaviors and a cultural shift in both Development and Operations. Traditionally suspicious of each other, they must now work closely together. Yet many companies are struggling to adopt and 'deploy' DevOps and how to change the culture.
This serious game will focus on the following key items:
- Translate strategy into execution and shifting from output to outcome
- Aligning end -to-end teams and creating buy-in from business and technical stakeholders.
- Creating an agile organization with supporting practices and cultural values.
- Dealing with changing and sometimes conflicting business priorities
Learning objectives of this game will be customized towards a team’s specific needs and learning objectives. But in general these are the main objectives:
- How to show business their responsibilities in making IT Projects more successful?
- How to experience how DevOps can bring serious value to your business?
- How to increase the efficiency and effectiveness of your IT Department?
- How to develop people’s skills to act in a DevOps environment?
- How to apply DevOps principles in a real life situation?
- How to create better flow in your teams?
Duration: full day
Participants: 8 -12
Want to play? Get in touch!